With the new release of Android 5.0.1 Lollipop, we wanted to explore its new features and security enhancements. However, since this version of Android is officially limited to Nexus phones, we had to install it on a device that we own – Samsung Galaxy S4.
This is a step by step tutorial on how to install Android 5.0.1 on Samsung Galaxy S4 (including rooting instructions).
You must have:
- a Samsung Galaxy S4 (with enough battery)
- a microSD card (at least 1 GB if you don’t backup data to microSD)
- a microUSB cable
- We are not responsible for any bricked device which may come up after these instructions
- We are not responsible for any bugs in Android 5.0.1 (GPS, alarm clock…)
- We are not responsible for losing your data (backup your data first)